2017 Nissan Sentra vs. 2017 Toyota Corolla
Sentra Advantages over Corolla
- Available turbocharged engine with more power – Sentra’s available turbocharged 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine develops 188 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque. Corolla does not offer a turbocharged engine, and its standard 1.8-liter 4-cylinder produces only 132 hp (140 on LE Eco) and 128 lb-ft of torque (126 on LE Eco).
- Available leather-appointed interior – Sentra’s available leather-appointed interior adds a high-quality look and enhances the feel of the interior. Leather seating is not available on Corolla.
- Available Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (vs. single-zone) – Sentra offers separate controls to allow the driver and front passenger to individually establish their own temperature settings. Corolla does not offer separate temperature control zones.
- Available advanced safety features – Sentra offers available Blind Spot Warning, which warns the driver if a vehicle in an adjacent lane is detected in the blind spot, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, which helps the driver detect other vehicles approaching from either side when backing up. Corolla does not offer either of these features.
- Blind Spot Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Larger trunk – Sentra offers a generous 15.1 cu. ft. of trunk space. Corolla’s trunk capacity is only 13.0 cu. ft.
- Available sport-tuned suspension
- Available Active Understeer Control
- Available NissanConnect℠ Services powered by SiriusXM3
- Available Easy-Fill Tire Alert
- Available BOSE premium audio system
- More front head room
- More rear hip room
2017 Toyota Corolla Overview
Corolla, Toyota’s compact sedan, is one of the most popular cars in the U.S., with more than 300,000 sold annually.
Corolla is powered by a 1.8-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine with a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or CVT. Eco models feature Valvematic variable valve timing, which increases horsepower and estimated fuel economy.
The new-generation Corolla has updated styling, but it has not moved past the competition in terms of technology or amenities. Sentra offers modern styling as well as comfort and convenience features that are not available on Corolla. Corolla also does not offer a sporty model with the style and performance of SR Turbo.
What’s New for 2017 Toyota Corolla
Corolla carries over with the following changes:
- Corolla SE 50th Anniversary Special Edition added with the following features:
- Power moonroof
- Available in Black Cherry Pearl, Classic Silver, and Blizzard Pearl
- Unique interior accents with Black Cherry piping and contrast stitching
- Smart Key system with push button start
- 7-inch touch screen and Entune Audio Plus with Connected Navigation
- 50th Anniversary Edition floor mats
- SE and XSE now have 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels.
- Revised front grille
- Bi-LED headlights on L, LE, and LE Eco
- Complex-LED headlights on SE, XSE, and XLE
- Upgraded interior fabrics
- Revised climate control panel and air vents
- Backup camera now standard on all models