Apple CarPlay is now available the on 2017 Nissan Maxima at Nissan of LaGrange.
• Apple CarPlay® allows 2017 Maxima owners that have an iPhone® to use popular smartphone apps through the vehicle’s center interface.
• Supported Apple® apps include music, maps, messages, phone, podcasts, audio books, and 3rd-party audio applications.
• Using Apple CarPlay requires an iPhone 5 or later running iOS 7.1 or higher.
Move over, Siri Eyes Free®. There’s a new Apple® feature playing in every 2017 Nissan Maxima.
Apple CarPlay™ allows iPhone® owners to use popular smartphone apps through the vehicle’s interface.
SEE THE IPHONE ON MAXIMA’S DISPLAY
Once connected, the iPhone® display gets translated to the Maxima’s center display screen. Compatible apps can then be viewed and Maxima’s touch screen, knobs, and switches allow Nissan owners to control the phones apps.
Supported Apple apps include:
- Audio Books
Apple CarPlay also supports third-party audio applications. These include Pandora, Slacker Radio, iHeartRadio, At Bat2, NPR, Vox, CBS Radio, Spotify, and more.
ACTIVATING APPLE CARPLAY ON THE 2017 MAXIMA
To use Apple CarPlay, Maxima owners need an iPhone 5 or later, running iOS 7.1 or higher. Siri must be turned on, and the phone must be connected by a cable that plugs into USB port 1. (There are two USB ports. USB port 1 is the one closest to the driver.)
Connecting and using Apple CarPlay is easy.
For first-time use:
1.Connect the phone to the USB port 1 using a cable.
2.Accept the pop-up that appears on the phone.
3.Accept the disclaimer that appears on the vehicle display, and Apple CarPlay automatically launches.
4.Activate Siri by pressing and holding the Talk button on the steering wheel. (There is no separate button for Siri Eyes Free.) The short press of the Talk button on the steering wheel will activate Nissan Voice Recognition.
The long press will activate Siri when an Apple CarPlay device is connected by a USB cable.
Please note that users cannot change what the short press or long press activates.
For subsequent uses:
Simply connect the phone to the vehicle via USB, and Apple CarPlay automatically launches.
Exiting and returning to Apple CarPlay:
To exit Apple CarPlay, press the Menu button to return to the NissanConnect home screen.
To resume using Apple CarPlay, press the Apple CarPlay icon on the NissanConnect home screen.
Come see the ease of using Apple CarPlay at Nissan of LaGrange. Bring your iPhone and we can activate the system on one of our demonstration vehicles.
Using Siri Eyes Free with Apple CarPlay
In vehicles equipped with Apple CarPlay, users cannot reverse the short and long press so that Siri Eyes Free can be activated with a short press if desired.
To activate Siri Eyes Free in the 2017 Nissan Maxima:
- Make sure the iPhone is paired via Bluetooth and that Siri is turned on. (On the phone, go to Settings/General/Siri).
- Make sure there is a data signal. (If there is no cellular data or WiFi coverage available, Siri Eyes Free will not operate.)
- Press the Voice Recognition button on the steering wheel.Press the button normally to activate the standard Voice Recognition feature.
- Press and hold the button for approximately 2 seconds to activate Siri Eyes Free.
- Wait for the visual or audible feedback from Siri Eyes Free before proceeding with commands.
To operate Siri Eyes Free in the 2017 Nissan Maxima:
- Activate Siri Eyes Free on the steering wheel (using the long press).
- Speak a command.
- Wait for Siri Eyes Free to reply.
- Within 5 seconds, press the TALK button on the steering wheel to make a reply or to give another command.
- To end the session, press the PHONE/END button on the steering wheel.